Deep River is continuing to expand as we enter our 5th year in business. We have expanded our territories to Eastern NC and our production has surpassed 6,000 bbl/year. To keep the momentum going we plan to hire 2 enthusiastic people that want to be part of our hard working team & enjoy a brewery family environment.
We have 2 job openings at Deep River Brewing:
- Sales Representative for Eastern North Carolina
- Production Manager for brewery operations in Clayton, North Carolina
Please read the job descriptions thoroughly before applying. Applications can be submitted to info @ deepriverbrewing.com. Put either “Sales Rep Application” or “Production Manager Application” in your email subject. We will only review job applications that have relevant experience preferably in the beer industry. Being a craft beer fan is awesome but its not a skill 🙂 Must be prepared to put in 120% at all times!
SALES REPRESENTATIVE FOR EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA:
Territory: Eastern North Carolina (Johnston County to the Coast and up to VA border and south to SC border)
Deep River Brewing Company is looking for a sales representative for the Eastern North Carolina territory. This person is focused on growing sales within the assigned territory and increasing the sales foot print as time goes on. The sales representative will work closely with our Distributor and the brewery. Daily customer interaction is of utmost importance and attendance at promotional events and samplings will be required. As the distribution network increases we see this position’s territory growing as well.
- Conduct monthly meetings with distribution partners to monitor sales and continue growth
- Schedule and conduct crew drives in sales territory on a regular basis for on-premise & off-premise including grocery
- Develop a strategy/marketing plan to increase sales within sales territory
- Identify potential new accounts and action plan to bring them online as a Deep River customer
- Develop long-term relationships with new and existing accounts
- Maintain current account relationships within the assigned territory
- Visit accounts regularly to take orders in self-distributed areas and ensure customer satisfaction at all accounts
- Follow up on orders placed with Distributor to ensure timely and accurate delivery
- Bring samples and discuss beer options with new and existing accounts
- Train distributors & retail accounts (including bartender & waitstaff personnel) on all brands
- Schedule and participate in tastings, promotions, and special events that may occur any day of the week or after standard business hours
- Night and weekend work required
- Some overnight stays within territory will be required
- Minimum 2 years sales experience in outside sales within the craft beer industry is required
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Must be independent thinking and hard working
- Must be able to drive long distances regularly, in your own vehicle
- Mileage reimbursement provided if a company issued vehicle is not available
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule outside of regular business hours as needed including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to represent Deep River Brewing in a responsible and professional manner at all times.
- Must have a valid clean NC Drivers license and reliable transportation
- Knowledge and passion for the craft beer industry
- Work minimum of 40 hours per week
- 2 year college degree or more
- Computer skills; Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Gmail, Google Calendar
Wages & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary plus bonuses
- Paid vacation, company holidays and personal days
- Mileage reimbursement or company vehicle
- Company cell phone & computer
- 401k with company match
- Beer stipend
Do you want to be part of our growing team? Email info @ Deepriverbrewing.com and put “Sales Rep Application” in your email subject.
Deep River Brewing Company is looking for a member to join our team that is passionate about craft beer and about being part of a great brewery. We are currently brewing on a 15 bbl brew house and our cellar is comprised of 30bbl and 60bbl tanks. We are seeking an experienced person who is accountable, reliable, and who is adverse to cutting corners and takes immense pride in the work they produce. You must be able to closely adhere to procedures and guidelines for both the brewing process and cleaning.
The qualified applicant must have the following:
• Ability to work in a fast paced brewery environment while focused on precision, quality and safety
• Flexibility, results oriented mindset and good attitude
• Strong communication skills
• Must be neat and organized
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Full availability throughout week to include some nights and weekend
• Must have reliable transportation
• Appreciation of our beers and enthusiasm for the craft industry as a whole!
• Must be proficient in Excel Word and other office programs
• Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds, climb steep stairs repeatedly, twist/turn, reach over shoulders, bend/stoop and stand/walk on a continual basis
• Willingness to be frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold or hot conditions
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
• Willingness to work with strong cleaning agents is required.
• Experience in 5,000 bbl+ per year brewery is preferred
• Brew beer as required
• Managing production schedule and staff daily.
• Minimum 6+ years production/commercial brewery experience is required
• Strong background in sanitation and brewery processes
• Ensures work area is clean and well organized
• Ensures tank exteriors, floors, drains, parts, and hoses are cleaned regularly
• Monitors and records results of fermentation and cellaring of beer through taste panel, gravities, cell counts, diacetyl testing, and yeast dumping
• Ensures that product is free from microbiological contamination
• Ensures equipment is maintained at required service intervals
• Documents production and movement of beer as required to meet regulatory requirements (state and federal)
• Maintains complete and comprehensive process tracking logs as requested
• Follows safety procedures and wears PPE
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Experience using a centrifuge preferred but not required.
• Report to CEO daily.
– Siebel Graduate (or comparable program) preferred
– Associates degree or higher preferred
• Competitive salary
• 401k with company match
• Paid Vacation, Personal Days & Company paid holidays
• Beer stipend
• Work in a family-like atmosphere
Do you want to be part of our growing team? Email info @ Deepriverbrewing.com and put “Production Manager Application” in your email subject.