December 1, 2020
Deep River is continuing to expand as we enter our 7th year in business. We have expanded our territories to across all of NC and our production has surpassed 5,000 bbl/year. To keep the momentum going we plan to hire enthusiastic people that want to be part of our hard working team & enjoy a brewery family environment.
We have the following job openings at Deep River Brewing:
- Delivery Driver & Line Cleaning Tech
Please read the job descriptions thoroughly before applying. Applications can be submitted to info @ deepriverbrewing.com. Put “Deliver Driver Application” in the subject. Must be prepared to put in 120% at all times!
DELIVERY DRIVER & LINE CLEANING
Delivery Territory: Chapel Hill, Durham, Raleigh, Cary, Fuquay Varina, Holly Springs, Garner, Clayton, Greensboro, Winston Salem
Deep River Brewing Company is looking for a delivery driver & line cleaning tech for the Triangle area. We currently self-distribute to over 400 active customers. This person is focused on keeping draft lines clean, trouble shooting draft issues, and delivering beer. This person will work directly with the sales reps and the brewery starting with picking orders, loading vans, delivering beer and tracking daily line cleanings. Daily customer interaction is of utmost importance.
- Pick orders and load vans every day
- Maintain a full stock of line cleaning & draft equipment tools in van at all times
- Deliver beer as orders indicate in safe efficient manner
- Maintain invoices and collect accurate payment
- Be responsible for route planning and efficient route execution to minimize downtime
- Troubleshoot draft line issues in the field as needed
- Ensure beer is within established freshness dates at each location
- Restock grocery store shelves as needed
- Perform inventory count and reorganize cooler as needed
- Maintain First In First Out (FIFO) inventory management by rotating stock
- Help maintain long-term relationships with each location including beer buyers, bartenders and general managers
- Keep up with line cleaning maintenance time frames and maintain clear records of maintenance
- Communicate with management about daily interactions with customers and line cleaning activity
- Communicate with sales reps about low inventory at customers locations that may require a re-order
- Maintain delivery vehicle including keeping interior and exterior clean, ensure oil/brake/tire changes are being done
- Night and weekend work required periodically
• Ability to lift and move up to 100 pounds, lift heavy items above eye level repeatedly, climb steep stairs repeatedly, twist/turn, bend/stoop and stand/walk on a continual basis
• Willingness to be frequently exposed to extreme cold or hot conditions
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
• Ability to drive long distances in commercial Sprinter vans every day
- Delivery and/or line cleaning background preferred
- Knowledge of van/car maintenance preferred
- Must be available to work 6am – 4pm Monday – Friday (hours may vary, night and weekend work required periodically)
- Must be able to lift 100+ lbs regularly and repeatedly stock shelves above eye level all day
- Must be comfortable driving long distances in heavy delivery vehicles between 10-20 feet long
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Must be independent thinking and hard working
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule outside of regular business hours as needed including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to represent Deep River Brewing in a responsible and professional manner at all times.
- Must have a valid clean NC Drivers license and reliable transportation
- Knowledge and passion for the craft beer industry
- Work minimum of 35 hours per week
- High school diploma required.
Wages & Benefits:
- Hourly Wage + Overtime
- Paid vacation, company holidays and personal days
- Cell phone reimbursement
- 401k with company match
- Healthcare/dental/vision insurance available
Do you want to be part of our growing team? Email: info @ Deepriverbrewing.com and put “Delivery Driver Application” in your email subject.